Rules and Regulations
The following Building Rules and Regulations are meant to assist the tenant and Property Management Office in maintaining a quality Class “A” building. These building rules and regulations are in no way meant to hinder the tenant in achieving the highest work standard that the tenant is used to and accepts in a Class “A” building environment.
- No sign, placard, picture, advertisement, name or notice shall be inscribed, displayed or printed or affixed on or to any part of the outside or inside of the Building without the written consent of the Property Management Office. And The Property Management Office shall have the right to remove any such sign, placard, picture, advertisement, name or notice without notice to and at the expense of tenant. All approved signs or lettering on doors to any common area shall be printed, painted, affixed or inscribed at the expense of tenant by the Property Management Office. The tenant shall not place anything or allow anything to be placed near the glass of any window, door, partition or wall which may appear unsightly from outside the Leased Premises or which may change the exterior appearance of the windows of the Building; provided, however, that the Property Management Office shall furnish and install a Building standard window covering at all exterior windows. The tenant shall not, without prior written consent of the Property Management Office, sunscreen any window.
- The buildings are smoke-free. The 800 and 840 garage is also smoke-free. The designated smoking area is located in 820 Gessner garage, Level B, behind elevator bank/stairwell. Smoking is prohibited in all area of the building. Under no circumstances are you to smoke in the elevators or the common areas of Memorial City Plaza.
- The sidewalks, halls, passages, exits, entrances, elevators and stairways shall not be obstructed by any of the tenants or used by them for any purpose other than for ingress and egress from their respective Leased Premises.
- Tenant shall not alter any lock or install any new or additional locks or any bolts on any doors of the Leased Premises, without the Property Management Office’s consent, which will not be unreasonably withheld, conditioned or delayed. The tenant shall be responsible for its keys and access cards, and the safekeeping and loss thereof. Upon termination of this Lease, the tenant shall surrender to Property Management Office all keys and access cards for the Leased Premises, Building and Project, and give Property Management Office keys to, access cards for or the combination for all locks for safes, safe cabinets, vault doors and security systems, if any, which remain in the Leased Premises.
- The toilet rooms, urinals, wash bowls and other apparatus shall not be used for any purpose other than that for which they were constructed, and no sweepings, rubbish, rags, medical waste or other unsuitable material of any kind shall be thrown therein, and the actual expense of any breakage, stoppage or damage resulting from the violation of this rule shall be borne by the tenant who, or whose employees or invitees shall have caused it together with Property Management Office’s Overhead Recovery.
- The tenant shall not overload the floor of the Leased Premises, or in any way deface the Leased Premises, the Building or any part thereof. The Property Management Office shall have the right to prescribe the weight, size and position of all safes and other heavy equipment brought into the Building and also the times and manner of moving the same in and out of the Building. All such movement shall be in a manner to be agreed between the tenant or other occupant and the Property Management Office in advance. Such prearrangement shall be initiated by the tenant or other occupant by a written request therefor to the Property Management Office. The time, method, and routing of movement and limitations for safety or other concern which may prohibit any article, equipment or other item from being brought into the Building shall be subject to the Property Management Office’s discretion and control.
- No furniture, freight or equipment of any kind shall be brought into the Building without the prior notice to the Property Management Office and all moving of the same into or out of the Building shall be done at such time and in such a manner as Property Management Office shall designate in its reasonable discretion.
- Any hand trucks, carryalls, or similar equipment used for the delivery or receipt of merchandise or equipment shall be equipped with rubber tires, side guards and such other safeguards as Property Management Office shall require. Safes or other heavy objects shall, if considered necessary by Property Management Office, stand on supports of such thickness as is necessary to properly distribute the weight. Property Management Office will not be responsible for loss of or damage to any such safe or property from any cause and all damage done to the Building by moving or maintaining any such safe or other property shall be repaired at the expense of tenant.
- The tenant shall not use, keep or permit to be used or kept any foul or noxious gas or substance in the Leased Premises, or permit or suffer the Leased Premises to be occupied or used in a manner offensive or objectionable to the Property Management Office or other occupants of the Building by reason of noise, odors and/or vibrations, or interfere in any way with other tenants or those having business therein, nor shall any animals or birds be brought in or kept in or about the Leased Premises or the Building.
- Other than microwaves, “hot-plates,” catered food, and as otherwise typical for an employee break room (e.g., coffee machines and microwave heating of pre-prepared food), no heating of food or cooking shall be permitted by the tenant in the Leased Premises. The Leased Premises shall not be used for the storage of merchandise, for washing clothes, for lodging, or for any improper, objectionable or immoral purposes. Heating or cooking shall not mean the brewing of coffee, tea or similar beverages nor the heating of prepared food in small microwave ovens.
- The tenant shall not use or keep in the Leased Premises or the Building any kerosene, gasoline or inflammable or combustible fluid or material, or use any method of heating or air conditioning other than that supplied by the Property Management Office.
- The Property Management Office will direct vendors as to where and how telecommunications and data wires are to be introduced. No boring or cutting for wires will be allowed without the consent of Property Management Office. The location of telephones, call boxes and other office equipment affixed to the Leased Premises shall be subject to the reasonable approval of Property Management Office, which approval shall not be unreasonably withheld, delayed or conditioned.
- At all times other than normal business hours, access to the Building or to the halls, corridors, elevators or stairways in the Building or to the Leased Premises may be refused unless the person seeking access is known to the person or employee of the Building in charge and has a pass or is properly identified. The Property Management Office shall in no case be liable for damages for any error with regard to the admission to or exclusion from the Building of any person. In case of invasion, mob, riot, public excitement, or other commotion, the Property Management Office reserves the right to prevent access to the Building during the continuance of the same by closing of the doors or otherwise for the safety of the tenants and protection of the property in the Building and the Building itself.
- The Property Management Office reserves the right to exclude or expel from the Building any person who, in the judgment of Property Management Office, is intoxicated or under the influence of liquor or drugs, or who shall in any manner do any act in violation of any of the rules and regulations of the Building.
- No vending machine or climate control equipment or any other machines or equipment (other than ordinary office equipment) of any description shall be installed, maintained or operated in the Leased Premises without the written consent of the Property Management Office, which will not be unreasonably withheld, conditioned or delayed.
- No children under the age of fourteen (14) shall work or be employed in the Leased Premises even if permitted by applicable laws for family businesses. Children fourteen years and older may only work or be employed in the Leased Premises as permitted by applicable laws without the benefit of exceptions for family businesses.
- Tenant shall not disturb, solicit or canvass any occupant of the Building and shall cooperate to prevent same.
- Without the written consent of the Property Management Office, tenant shall not use the name of the Building in connection with or in promoting or advertising the business of tenant except as tenant’s address.
- The Property Management Office shall have the right to control and operate the public portions of the Building and the public facilities, and heating and air conditioning as well as facilities furnished for the common use of the tenants, in such manner as it deems best for the benefit of the tenants generally.
- Tenant shall use commercially reasonable efforts to cause all entrance doors in the Leased Premises shall be left locked when the Leased Premises are not in use, and all doors opening to public corridors shall be kept closed except for normal ingress and egress from the Leased Premises.
- Tenants and other occupants shall not make or permit any loud or improper noises or noxious odors in or from any portion of the Project, or otherwise interfere in any way with any other tenant, occupant, Property Management Office or any third party, or persons having business with them.
- Property Management Office reserves the right to approve all concessionaires, vending machine operators or other distributors of cold drinks, coffee, food or other concessions, water, towels or newspapers, which approval shall not be unreasonably withheld, conditioned or delayed.
- No contractor or other party shall perform any construction, cleaning, maintenance, waste disposal or other related work in the Building unless (a) such party, (b) the procedures proposed to be followed by such party, and (c) the insurance policies of such party are approved by the Property Management Office in writing in the exercise of the Property Management Office’s reasonable discretion. This provision shall apply to all work performed in the Building including, but not limited to, installations of telephones, telecopy equipment, computer equipment, electrical devices and attachments, and any and all installations of every nature affecting floors, walls, woodwork, trim, windows, ceilings, equipment and any other physical portion of the Building, the cleaning and/or maintenance of any of the foregoing and the removal of any waste or Hazardous Material.
- The use of candles, open flames and open flame devises, including without limitation the burning of incense, are strictly forbidden inside the building with the exception of approved non-refillable heating devices used by a tenant’s caterers to temporarily warm food. The supervised use of such food warming devices must be compliant with all codes, laws, rules and regulations of governmental agencies and authorities.
- The use of portable heaters is strictly forbidden inside any building. A tenant shall not use any heating devices within its premises, and shall rely exclusively on the building HVAC system serving its premises to heat its premises.
- Natural cut trees including decorative Christmas trees are strictly forbidden inside building.
- Decorative lighting shall be UL listed and installed to manufacturer’s specifications. The use of extension cords with decorative lighting is strictly forbidden. Each tenant shall be responsible for ensuring that all decorative lighting is turned off and/or disconnected before vacating its premises each day.
- Tenant and tenant’s Permittees shall at all times conduct their operations and behavior in and on the Project, Building and Leased Premises in a responsible, safe and prudent manner.
- Garbage disposal installations are prohibited, due to COH code compliance.
The Property Management Office reserves the right to rescind any of these rules and regulations and to make such other and further reasonable rules and regulations as in its judgment shall from time to time be needed for the safety, protection, care, management, maintenance, repair, or cleanliness of the Building, the operation thereof, the preservation of good order therein and the protection and comfort of the tenants and other occupants and their respective related parties, provided that the same will not unreasonably interfere with tenant’s use of the Leased Premises or materially increase tenant’s obligations under this Lease, and provided that the Property Management Office provides tenant with written notice of any such change or otherwise posts or disseminates the same appropriately at the Building, which rules and regulations, when made and written notice thereof is given to a tenant or other occupant shall be binding upon them in like manner as if originally herein prescribed and shall automatically become a part of this Lease for all purposes.
- Tenant shall direct and require that tenant and tenant’s Permittees fully comply with the rules and regulations of the Building.
- The Property Management Office shall have the right to grant reasonable variances of the rules and regulations, and shall not be required to enforce the rules and regulations if they are violated by other tenants; provided, however, that Property Management Office will not arbitrarily and capriciously enforce these rules and regulations against Tenant.
In the event of any conflict between the foregoing Rules and Regulations, and any provision of the body of this Lease, then the provisions of the body of the Tenants Lease shall prevail and control.