Moving Policies and Procedures
The NEW TENANT MOVE-IN PACKET contains a Move-In checklist and all the forms you will need to complete and turn into Property Management prior to move-in.
The key to a successful move for any Company is effective communication and coordination between the tenant, the tenant's moving company and the Property Management Office. Please provide the Property Management Office with the moving company sales representative’s/contact person’s name, address and telephone number so we assist in coordinating your move.
The following guidelines have been established to facilitate an organized and effective move-in/out:
- All moves must be pre-approved and coordinated through the Property Management Office. A Security Ambassador will be assigned to allow the tenant’s Authorized Person(s) and mover access to the building via the loading dock after hours
- Moves must be scheduled after 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, or on the weekend. There are no time restrictions for weekend/holiday moves, subject to The Property Management Office’s approval.
- The Property Management Office requires a minimum of 24 hours in advance notification to schedule the freight elevator for the move. Please complete the Freight Elevator Request form which can be found in the FORMS section of this manual. A firm date and time will then be provided by the Property Management Office confirming the tenant’s reservation.
- If after hours air conditioning will be required during the move, this also will need to be coordinated in advance through the Property Management Office (See “Above-Standard Building Services” section).
- Please schedule a walk-through of the path of the move with a representative of the moving company and the Property Management Office to determine general conditions and the areas which must be protected. Any damages will be the responsibility of and billed to the tenant, not the moving company.
- The janitorial crew is not equipped to handle the volume of trash created during a move. Therefore, please make arrangements to break down your moving boxes and have your moving company return to the building to remove them.
Moving Company Requirements
The moving company will be responsible for adhering to the following requirements so it is very important that you factor in these requirements when negotiating the cost of your move. The following requirements pertain to moving furniture, equipment and supplies in and out of the building:
Clean Masonite sections are to be used as runners on all finished floor areas where heavy furniture or equipment is being moved with wheel or skid-type dollies. Clean plywood sections will also be required when moving over “sensitive” floors (i.e. stone or tile floors).The Masonite must be at least ¼” thick, 4’ x 8’ sheets in elevator lobbies and corridors and 32” sheets through all doors to a tenant’s space. All glass doors must be padded to protect exposed areas.
- Property Management and moving company personnel will inspect all walls, door facings, elevator cabs and other areas along the route to be followed before, during and after the move. The mover must provide and install protective coverings on all walls, door facings, elevator cabs and other areas along the route to be followed during the move.
- The Fire Marshal prohibits the blocking of any fire corridor, exit door, elevator, lobby, or hallway. Vehicles used for moving or deliveries are not to park in marked fire lanes. The loading dock located on the west side of the building is the designated area for this.
- Only the freight elevators in the building are to be used for the movement of furniture, equipment and supplies. No passenger elevators are to be utilized. Also, no pallets or pallet jacks are allowed in the building at any time. Any difficulties involving the freight elevators or operation of the building should be reported to the Security Ambassador on duty, who will in turn contact an on-call engineer.
- All moves are to be made through the loading dock area. Deliveries will not be permitted through the lobby entrance on the first floor unless prior consent has been obtained from the Property Management Office.
Any movers who do not adhere to the following rules will not be allowed to enter the premises or will be required to discontinue the move.